How to Build a Craft Bench
This easy-to-build craftbench is great for the busy craftsperson. The size can be customized.
With a few tools, some basic carpentry skills, a little time and Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors, any
do-it-yourselfer can build this utility shelf. You can easily paint or stain for a finished look and to match the interior
of your home.
Simpson Strong-Tie has a full assortment of connectors to make the job easier, and the project safer,
stronger and more appealing. You'll save money by doing it yourself while you enjoy working on the project.
- For best results, install RTC24 on vertical posts before attaching horizontal members.
- Installation is fastest and easiest using Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive SBD X 1 1/4" screws and a
screw gun or use 8d x 1 1/2" or 10d x 1 1/2" joist nails.
- To guard against wood splitting, pre-drill holes for nails or screws.
- Use a "C" clamp to help hold wood in the seat of the connector during installation.
- Caution: Screwheads may pop off if screw is driven at an angle or overdriven.
- Use 5/8" screws to attach Simpson CF Shelf Bracket to shelf.